The Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) FIU/EDD Manager will provide management support and assistance to a team of investigators and analysts specializing in BSA/AML/OFAC compliance issues to ensure regulatory requirements are met using various monitoring systems and reports. He/she will be responsible conducting quality control functions of their assigned teams completed alerts, investigations, and SAR filings. He/she will be responsible for the management and development of staff under their leadership.
This position will primarily be a remote working role with ability to come into the office as needed (Berwyn, PA, Chestnut Hill, PA, Bryn Mawr, PA or Wayne, PA).
- Supervise a staff of BSA/AML Analysts, Investigators and a Team Lead.
- Conduct quality control on all work performed by their staff, including alert decision, investigation case decisions, and enhanced due diligence decisions.
- Conduct quality control on completed suspicious activity reports (SAR) prepared by the BSA/AML investigation staff.
- Conduct quality control on completed currency transaction reports (CTR) prepared by the BSA/AML analyst staff.
- Aid in the development new material and update existing documentation for the Bank’s policy manuals as it applies to BSA/USA PATRIOT Act/OFAC.
- Aid in the ongoing training of staff to ensure that adequate training is provided to all appropriate personnel.
- Stay apprised of proposed rules, new or changed laws and regulations as well as emerging issues, hot industry topics, and money laundering, financial crimes, or terrorist financing trends to enhance the BSA/AML Compliance Program as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain efficacy standards and develop individual staff goals and development practices.
- Adhere to all Bank security and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Supports the mission, strategy, and values of BMTC.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum five years specific BSA/AML investigative and/or fraud prevention experience with personal investigative and SAR filing experience in a financial institution.
- Certification as CAMS is required.
- Comprehensive understanding of banking and all types of financial crime patterns, thorough knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA PATRIOT Act, as well as a strong understanding of OFAC regulations.
- High degree of analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to interact with regulators and auditors.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Good attention to detail and sound judgment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Prior experience with the following systems (or ability to learn then within three months):
- Financial Crime Risk Manager (FCRM)
- WatchDog Pro/LexisNexis Bridger/Onboard Advisor
- Fiserv Signature
- SunGard Addvantage
- Lotus Notes