The Commercial Lines Insurance Producer contributes to future business growth on behalf of BMT Insurance Advisors, Inc. The Producer will promote BMT to prospects seeking insurance solutions, network, educate and make recommendations based on individual needs, and evaluate current insurance policies when needed. The primary responsibly of the Producer is to generate new business.
This position will be primarily be a remote working role with ability to come into the office as needed (Wayne, PA, Berwyn, PA or Bryn Mawr, PA).
- Create opportunities for new business sales through various methods of prospecting and relationship development with a focus on Commercial Lines business.
- Prospecting will include, but is not limited to networking, broadening relationships with centers of influence and the use of social media & referrals. Organic growth through cold canvassing and calling is also required.
- Develop cross-selling opportunities with BMT banking clients. Maintain a close working relationship with the organization’s other lines of business including Mortgage, Commercial and Consumer Lending, Retail Banking, and Wealth Management to identify sales opportunities and maximize revenue by offering insurance solutions and adding value for our clients.
- Acquiring and maintaining product knowledge and technical skills across multiple lines of business.
- Review and analyze Insurance Programs to develop coverage and exposure comparisons and make appropriate recommendations.
- Gather information from clients and prepare applications regarding new and/or renewal coverage.
- Work with Account Managers to prepare submissions based on specific client/prospect needs.
- Maintain the accuracy of data in the agency management system.
- Meet annual defined sales objectives.
- College degree preferred.
- 5-years of experience in insurance industry preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of insurance industry experience selling and servicing accounts with an insurance agency, brokerage/firm. Consideration will be afforded for qualified insurance carrier employees.
- Strong sales skills and professionalism with a proven record of new business development and growth.
- Ability to interact and communicate with decision makers and “C” level suite executives.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sound understanding of the underwriting process and criteria required to prepare a submission.
- Maintain a valid property and casualty license in states of operation, as applicable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer experience including working knowledge of Microsoft products and industry specific software.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work within a remote team environment.
- Participation with Insurance carrier sales and educational programs, as applicable.
- Maintain proper continuing education requirements to retain good standing and licensing.
- Annual completion of all required Bryn Mawr Trust employee and compliance training as provided by the BMT organization.
- Work hours will vary and depend on client needs, networking events and sponsorship commitments, making flexibility in daily schedule required.