The Community Banking Intern will act as a Seasonal Teller and will be responsible for the operation of a teller station accurately and in a timely manner while promoting the bank’s delivery channels and products.
Positions are available in Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties.
- Operates a teller station in compliance with all bank and audit procedures
- Provides superior client service by smiling, greeting & using the client’s name during transaction
- Answers the phone in a professional and timely manner
- Has a basic knowledge of bank products and services
- Promotes the bank’s image, products, and services
- Achieves individual sales, service and operational goals/assignments
- Records pertinent client information in the BMT-CRM database
- Supports the Retail Banking Team on staffing and project needs
- Completes additional duties as assigned
Essential EDUCATION, Experience, Qualifications and Certifications
- High School Diploma
- One year of Retail sales experience desirable
- Customer service experience required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, listening and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional ability to develop quality business relationships with customers and coworkers, including building trust and a team approach to ensure attainment of customer and business goals
- Ability to effectively resolve customer problems with the highest degree of professionalism
- Must be a creative, resourceful, self-starter committed to excellence and seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, & generates new ideas
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and mobile online banking and technology
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to work
- Must be available to work day and evening hours, Monday – Friday and Saturdays
(Below are standard items for office type positions. You can add additional items necessary. The job aid provides some additional guidance,)
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods
- Must be able to bend, stoop and walk frequently
- Must be able to lift to 20 pounds (note if limit is higher)
- Must be able to travel daily or as required to BMT branches and/or client locations
- Must be able to move throughout the office and client areas to access information, materials, equipment, etc.
- Must be able to communicate and exchange accurate information in a variety of situations
- Other: Manual dexterity for computer work
WORK ENVIRONMENT & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.