The Credit Analyst I responsibilities include analyzing loan requests, preparing loan approval memoranda and providing ongoing analytical support for complex commercial credit client relationships. In addition, this role provides training and mentoring for new credit analysts to the department.
This position will be based in Wayne, PA.
- Recognize and understand the relationship of various simple and complex financial statements to the assessment of credit worthiness.
- Identify and analyze trends, margins and ratios, as well as project future implications of change such as rate changes, economic conditions, demographics and cash flow
- Prepare commercial credit approval memoranda for new loan CRE and Construction loan relationships and existing clients. Memoranda will assess credit risk utilizing client’s business plan, financial statements and related materials in conformity with standard financial statement reporting and the Bank’s lending policies.
- Communicate with clients independently to assist in preparation of loan approval memoranda
- Accompany relationship managers on client visits and prepare call memoranda
- Train and mentor new analysts in the utilization of the Bank’s credit policy and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field of Study or equivalent work experience
- Additional continuing education through RMA or similar course study
- Minimum of 5 years commercial credit experience with various types of complex commercial credit clients including C&I, Non-profit and CRE
- Proficient writing and oral presentation skills; ability to utilize Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience in the utilization of Commercial Lending software applications