The BMT Customer Care Representative is responsible for delivering exceptional client experience to all clients, both internal and external, through all delivery channels (Telephone, Email, & Electronic). Responsible for answering incoming telephone calls and electronic communications related to client accounts and transactions, products and services, and digital support for online and mobile banking. Representatives also participate in outbound calling efforts and are empowered to having meaningful conversations with clients learning about their financial needs and offering products that address their needs. Customer Care Representatives must demonstrate a great attitude and seek to bring the BMT Vision and Values to life every day.
This position will be based in Wayne, PA
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work responsibilities, co-workers, and customers, and serves as a role model for others.
- Commitment to quality in carrying out job responsibilities, and is an asset to the BMT community
- Demonstrates a willingness to exercise leadership, take initiative, and accept and carry out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments for the good of the Bank community as a whole.
- Answers incoming calls and electronic communications related to a variety of customer service issues and general bank inquiries.
- Call Metric Key Performance Indicators for the BMT Customer Care Team are:
- Average Handle Time: 4:23 Seconds or less
- Call Transfer Rate: 10% or less
- Agent Availability Rate: 80% or greater
- Call Abandonment Rate: 5% or less
- Monthly quality score: 90% or higher
- Average Speed of Answer: 80% or greater answered within 60 seconds.
- Abide by all bank Policies and Procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and customer care center training manual.
- Working knowledge of all bank procedures related to the community bank and retail banking operations and service.
- Familiarity with the customer convenience products offered by BMT including online banking, mobile banking, remote deposit capture, telephone banking, wire processing, ACH processing, debit cards, uChoose, and Online Account Opening.
- Assist Online Banking customers with password resets and any problems/inquires.
- Processes stop payments and wire transfer requests in accordance with bank procedures.
- Assist Weblink customers with password resets.
- Process all customer maintenance requests received through the contact center according to standard operating procedures.
- Monitor and respond to customer inquiries received through the Telephone Banking mailbox.
- Ensure that all CRM leads are worked and responded to within the defined Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Strive to be a single point of contact resolution for all incoming calls without the need to transfer to other departments or bank team members, achieve a first call resolution rate greater than 75%.
- Strictly adheres to all compliance and regulatory guidance as outlined by the management team in carrying out daily responsibilities.
- Maintains current level of knowledge of banking trends and industry topics.
- Maintains records in accordance with the Record Retention Schedule.
- Assists with special projects/initiatives, when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance preferred. Comparable years of working experience is acceptable.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Banking Operations, including direct experience in inbound call centers / customer contact.
- Must be detail oriented, have good organizational skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior customer service is required.
- Basic level working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Some technical experience is required.
- Able to work in a team environment as well as able to work independently to resolve issues.
- Must understand the importance of meeting deadlines and the impact on key performance indicators.
- Environment is fast paced at times therefore this individual must be able to maintain control when handling various situations that occur at the same time.