Capital Markets is growing at Bryn Mawr Trust! We are adding a senior level leadership position to our team with deep experience in foreign exchange sales. Please find our posting for the Director of Foreign Exchange Sales role and contact our Human Resources department for further details:
This position leads the organization in its goal to enhance the value of the Capital Markets offering at BMT by developing its Foreign Exchange line of business. The person in this role will offer the full complement of Foreign Exchange products and services to internationally-active customers as a key component of BMT’s overall international services strategy. The Director of Foreign Exchange Sales will grow the Foreign Exchange business by identifying potential customers, listening to understand their needs, matching BMT’s solutions to those needs, and working with the BMT team to deliver international services. The ideal candidate will be able to 1) work with other BMT relationship managers and influencers to generate new foreign exchange business, and 2) engage clients and prospects directly.
This position will primarily be a remote working role with ability to come into the office as needed (Berwyn, PA, Chestnut Hill, PA, Bryn Mawr, PA or Wayne, PA).
- Oversees the development of Foreign Exchange sales within the Capital Markets department by identifying potential customers, listening to understand their needs, matching BMT’s solutions to those needs, and working with other BMT professionals to deliver BMT’s payments and hedging services.
- Reports to the Director of International Services on the performance of the Foreign Exchange sales and is responsible for driving revenue growth.
- Helps develop the marketing plan and associated budgets for the Foreign Exchange line of business on an annual basis.
- Creates comprehensive strategies to fully develop all available markets and potential customer relationships.
- Markets international services directly to key prospects and customer relationships by developing and executing on a comprehensive education and sales strategy.
- Maintains sales-related elements of the Foreign Exchange policies and procedures and their subsequent implementation.
- Actively grows the volume of international payments business through the bank with a focus on optimizing the proportion of those payments processed in foreign currency.
- Drives internal sales by developing deep relationships with the Commercial, Wealth, Cash Management, and Retail teams in the servicing of their customers’ needs.
- Leads, coaches, and motivates employees through encouragement and reinforcement to create a work environment that fosters teamwork, high morale, and retention of workforce.
- Supports the mission, vision, strategy, and values of BMTC.
Essential Education, Experience, Qualifications and Certifications
- Architects future staffing and position development plan for Foreign Exchange sales, with the ability to manage a professional staff that supports BMT’s objectives.
- Supports education of front, middle, and back office staff not directly reporting to this position.
Internal/External Customer Service/Sales Role:
- Satisfies the information requests from customers, Senior Management, and internal business partners in an accurate and timely manner.
- Serves as liaison with internal customers to increase awareness of the Foreign Exchange product offering and ensure understanding of the intricacies and complexities of those products.
- Works with external customers to minimize transaction risk by serving in a consultative role in recommending the appropriate Foreign Exchange product and strategy whenever possible.
- Drives revenue and builds a consultative-based sales culture as part of the broader International Services value proposition at the Bank.
- Oversees all aspects of Foreign Exchange Sales.
- What makes Bryn Mawr Trust a great place to work is that our employees make the difference. Here, you have the opportunity to make an impact. We are focused and committed to our people, leadership, customer experience, operational excellence, and recognition.