The Financial Reporting Accountant will prepare all monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for external users. The Financial Reporting Accountant will also prepare a variety of regulatory reports and assist in other support areas of the Finance Division.
This position will primarily be a remote working role with ability to come into the office as needed (Berwyn, PA, Chestnut Hill, PA, Bryn Mawr, PA or Wayne, PA).
- Prepare and file the Call Report and other Regulatory reports in accordance with Regulatory instructions
- Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly earnings releases and quarterly and annual SEC reports, including 10-Qs and 10-Ks
- Assist in the research and documentation of new accounting and regulatory guidance to ensure timely identification and compliance
- Other duties may include reconcilements, risk-based capital regulation monitoring, goodwill and intangible asset impairment testing, and lease accounting
- Work with the Director of Financial Reporting to fill in/back-up a variety of other functions
- Provide requested supporting documentation as required by external auditors and regulatory authorities in support of their annual audits/exams and quarterly reviews
- Maintain SOX compliance for all SEC/Regulatory reporting processes; ensuring that the managers and staff are reviewing and maintaining processes and related documentation on a recurring basis as their business needs and procedures change
- Complete special projects and cross training as deemed necessary by management
- Continuing education relating to job functions – Regulatory and SEC Reporting
- Support the mission, strategy and values of BMTC
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years Accounting experience required. 3+ years of Call Reporting preparation and SEC reporting are strongly preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP and familiarity with SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and proficiency in MS Word.
- Proven ability to automate and use technology to gain efficiency
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and employees