The IT Audit Manager contributes to BMTC’s success both directly and as an Audit Leader. The IT Audit Manager personally performs audits of the company’s Information Technology governance, risk and control policies, processes and procedures to assess compliance with applicable laws, regulations, best practices and identify opportunities for improvement. In addition to reporting on the design and implementation of information technology controls, the IT Audit Manager adds value by proposing recommendations for improvement based on best practices. As an Audit Leader, this contributor mentors junior staff, adds to the knowledge capital of the audit activity, reviews the audit programs and work of both internal and contracted auditors and manages the interaction between contracted auditors and BMTC business management.
This position will primarily be a remote working role with ability to come into the office as needed (Berwyn, PA, Chestnut Hill, PA, Bryn Mawr, PA or Wayne, PA).
- Support the Chief Audit Officer in the completion of the Audit Risk Assessment, the development of the Annual Audit Plan and the updates of audit programs and tools.
- Execute the assigned audits and tests by performing and documenting the completion of required procedures, analyzing results and reviewing potential findings and recommendations with the Chief Audit Officer. Lead all client meetings on assigned audits and serve as a resource to junior staff.
- Serve as the day-to-day liaison with co-sourcing partners by facilitating communication between the external firms and BMTC businesses, approving their audit programs and reviewing engagement work papers and reports.
- Continually advance personal and group professional development by seeking out relevant webinars and learning experiences to advance knowledge of relevant regulations, application of professional standards and job-related skills.
- Update all audit programs for financial, operational and compliance audits to ensure that all changes in technology risk and controls are reflected in the relevant plans and programs.
- Represent and advocate the audit activity both internally and externally.
- Support the Financial, Operational and Compliance Audit Managers with the execution of non-IT audits as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline required. Accounting, audit or finance majors preferred. Graduate degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 5-10 years of audit experience acquired in an internal audit department or public accounting firm. Relevant information technology, technology risk management, or information security experience may be substituted.
- 2-3 years of supervisory or co-sourcing management experience is preferred.
- Holds certification as a CISA, CISSP, CITP, CIA, or CPA or equivalent professional certification.
- Detailed knowledge of banking technologies required.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint required. Familiarity with an audit management application preferred and data analytics tools (ACL, Idea, SAS, SQL, etc.).
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with commitment to time and quality goals.