This position is responsible for the daily management of the loan boarding function, which includes all commercial, SBA, SWAP, Construction, Consumer, and Residential Mortgages. This position is also responsible for identifying weaknesses and implementing change to build better controls and efficiencies while providing support to the Compliance/Risk Management, Internal Audit, Lines of Business, Finance and Senior Management.
Work Location – Bryn Mawr, PA or Wayne, PA
- Establish employee goals to conform to responsibilities associated with the job. Ensure reviews are performed timely and attendance is accurately recorded.
- Build breadth and depth by mentoring employees and provide training or corrective action when necessary.
- Manage and oversee the loan boarding, modification, annual review, and renewal process to ensure accuracy of all loan data in connection with loans for commercial borrowers including but not limited to participation, syndications, letters of credit, master lines of credit, and government backed loans such as loans through community development and SBA programs.
- Manage and oversee the loan boarding and modification process to ensure accuracy of all loan data in connection with loans for consumer and residential mortgage borrowers including but not limited to government backed loans such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA programs.
- Cite documentation exceptions for missing original documentation at the time of boarding.
- Manage the boarding of all escrow records for taxes and insurance as appropriate.
- Manage the boarding of all insurance ticklers to capture all insurance requirements as directed in the loan documentation and credit policy.
- Establish and update annually all department procedures.
- Establish quality control standards to maintain integrity between credit approval, loan documentation and Fiserv Signature.
- Provide ongoing training to staff members including but not limited to procedures, volume, and accuracy. Manage a department quality assurance error rate of below 10%.
- Manage the process for scanning and indexing of all loan documentation associated with loan boarding.
- Testing of all enhancements and releases to Fiserv Signature and other systems as required.
- Assist with any and all operations functions that are necessary for acquisitions, conversions and purchased portfolios.
Essential Education, Experience, Qualifications and Certifications
- College degree preferred or a minimum of 5 years prior experience in a loan servicing environment preferred.
- Expertise in managing and training staff in the loan boarding process for all loan types.
- Able to perform in a volume driven, deadline-oriented environment.