The Loan Processor role is an important liaison between the Retail Credit Center, the Residential Mortgage Loan Advisor and our clients who have submitted mortgage loan applications in order to process the loan through opening, underwriting and closing in a timely manner.
This position is responsible for reviewing residential mortgage loan applications for newly originated loan applications for accuracy and completeness in the Bank’s Loan Origination System. This role prepares subsequent disclosures in accordance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements while working with originator and applicant to secure all documentation required to underwrite applications.
This position will primarily be a remote working role with the ability to come into the office, as needed, in Wayne, PA. Candidates must reside within the Greater Philadelphia region.
- Reviews initial disclosures for accuracy and completeness and delivers to applicant(s).
- Prepares loan for underwriting verifying data is accurate in the Bank’s loan origination system and makes corrections as necessary.
- Obtains and verifies all documents according to Bank policy and procedure prior to submission to underwriter including but not limited to income documents, tax transcripts, credit reports, automated underwriting findings, appraisal, and employment verification.
- Verifies that the loan meets program guidelines. Submits to underwriter along with relevant notes on the loan application file.
- Follows up as necessary to gather suspense documents or conditions to comply with loan decision and Underwriter review.
- Support appraisal process by ensuring appraiser has accepted engagement, report is returned within the acceptable timeline and deliver completed appraisals received to the underwriter.
- Keeps abreast of changes to the Bank’s policy and procedures and Federal regulations and requirements.
- Working knowledge of Bank policies and procedures in order to avoid losses to the Bank. Must have working knowledge of applicable federal regulations, including knowledge of the Bank’s Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Program and related procedures.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of mortgage loan processing experience
- Proficient with loan origination systems and comfortable learning new systems; experience with Encompass preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical with good attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office