The Multicultural Banking Officer (“Officer”) will build and maintain new business relationships by networking with individuals and organizations from diverse multicultural markets across the region in order to help identify local community needs and match those needs with the resources and support programs offered by Bryn Mawr Trust (“Bank”). This individual manages the Bank’s multicultural outreach program to communities within the Bank’s Community Reinvestment Act (“CRA”) delineated assessment area, and Bank’s Reasonably Expected Marketing Area (“REMA”). The expectation is that the Officer facilitates the expansion of the Bank’s product offerings to meet the needs of the diverse communities the Bank serves. Ultimately, the Officer is to establish The Bryn Mawr Trust Company as the multicultural bank of choice in providing credit and economic opportunities to all.
This position will primarily be a remote working role with ability to come into the office as needed (Berwyn, PA, Chestnut Hill, PA, Bryn Mawr, PA or Wayne, PA).
- Manage the Bank’s multicultural relationships by acting as the ambassador in support of the Bank’s Community Reinvestment Act and Fair Lending Programs.
- Work with CRA Officer to create annual production goals to originate or cause management to originate qualifying products and services in support of program expectations.
- Identify, develop and close new business opportunities to achieve goals.
- Create demand for the organization’s products and services by raising their profile with customers.
- Increase outreach efforts to individuals, non-profits, agencies, CDFIs, CDCs, etc. to further foster awareness and inclusion of diverse people and entities not currently serviced or under-served by the Bank.
- Communicate loan/financial information to customers and prepare loan packages.
- Create and maintain a referral network comprised of accountants, attorneys, realtors, financial advisors, and non-profit directors supporting multicultural initiatives in their local communities.
- Provide the Bank with referrals from multicultural markets across all of the Bank’s footprint and hand off to each respective division—Small Business, Mortgage Originators, Commercial Banking, branches, etc. for account origination and underwriting.
- Build relationships within all groups of the Bank in an effort to further educate each group as to the value of multiculturalism in terms of generating greater awareness and inclusion of people and businesses that may exhibit differences in culture from existing client relationships.
- Originate small business and commercial loans critical to the support of the Bank’s CRA efforts (in addition to referring to other divisions).
- Understand the Bank’s commercial, consumer, insurance, and wealth product and service offerings as well as when and how to introduce the products as appropriate.
- Actively promote and participate in community involvement with non-profit organizations, manage the outreach efforts for bank community service events, and recruit volunteers from within the Bank to support the same.
- Maintain clear documentation (who, why, where, when, what, how) evidencing meetings and assessing needs of community organizations. Such evidence shall serve to support program effectiveness when reviewed by Compliance, Audit, or the federal and state examiners.
- Work closely with Marketing on marketing collateral, social media, radio and television, and other mediums designed to target appropriate audiences.
- Chair the Multicultural Advisory Board and be responsible for educating the Board on Bank product and service offerings.
- Attend frequent networking opportunities during and outside of normal banking hours throughout the entirety of the Bank’s footprint.
- Participate in key management committee meetings (e.g. CRA and Fair Lending Committee, Compliance Committee, Corporate Responsibility Committee) as determined by the CRA Officer.
- Prepare and present high-quality presentations to advisory boards, community non-profits, Bank management committees, Bank board or board committees, internal auditors, and external regulators.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of Banking experience
- Must have an expertise in Business Development, Small Business Lending, Commercial Lending, Residential mortgage products and typical branch offerings
- Must be heavily weighted and networked into multiple Multicultural Centers of Influence within all of the Bank’s footprint
- Working knowledge of, and experience in the policy and regulatory environment of CRA
- Excellent project management, written and oral communications skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and groups
- Solid time management skills