The Quality Assurance Manager performs quality assurance reviews related to Residential Mortgage, Small Business and Consumer Loans processed, underwritten, closed and post closed by the Retail Credit Center. Coordinates activities related to various audits and reviews for the Retail Credit Center. Works closely with the Retail Credit Center Manager, Risk Management and Compliance to ensure process and procedures are accurately documented and comply with all regulatory requirements and Bank policy and procedure to reduce risk and avoid loss.
This position will be primarily be a remote working role with ability to come into the office as needed (Berwyn, PA, Chestnut Hill, PA, Bryn Mawr, PA or Wayne, PA).
- Responsible to maintain, update and recommend revision to the procedure manual for all loan products within the Retail Credit Center.
- Collaborate and support the business units and leadership with the following:
- Assigning responsibilities in accordance with the three lines of defense
- Managing the Portfolio and protecting the balance sheet
- Credit & Portfolio Risk Rating
- Provide training and on boarding of new employees of the Retail Credit Center (sales and operations) to include procedure, policy and system training. Also provides orientation to the Bank’s Retail Division of the Bank as requested.
- Works closely with staff to resolve questions related to system issues, documents process and updates procedure.
- Assists Risk Management responding to information requests from regulators, internal and external auditors.
- Coordinates monthly Quality Control file selection and submission of files for review.
- Coordinates response to all audit and quality control findings and deficiencies for review by the Operations, Underwriting and Retail Credit Center Managers.
- Maintains record keeping and reports on findings and resolution to the Bank’s Risk Management Department
- Generates regular compliance reports to monitor RESPA, TILA and ECOA compliance for applications within the Retail Credit Center.
- Assists Department Head with facilitating meetings and recordkeeping for various compliance related Bank committees.
- Reviews HMDA documentation to verify data integrity.
- Coordinates analysis of HMDA data as it relates to comparative file reviews and reports on findings and resolution.
- Assists Department Head with data collection and completion of various compliance related reports required by the Bank’s Risk Management Department.
- Conducts monthly MERS audit and prepare monthly report to track and ensure compliance with the Quality Assurance responsibilities.
- Conducts compliance reviews on all centralized unit loans prior to closing
- Assists Closing/Post Closing with file management including maintaining a roster of offsite files for closed loans in the centralized unit.
- Works with Retail Credit managers to insure the unit is adhering to all federal and state laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures. Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the unit are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Coordinates and performs training for all policy, procedure and compliance related topics.
Essential Education, Experience, Qualifications and Certifications
- Two year college degree or equivalent experience
- Three to Five years of experience with quality assurance reviews related to Residential Mortgage, Small Business and Consumer Loans
- Ability to read and interpret policy, regulatory requirements and changes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical with good attention to detail
- Embraces technology and has good working knowledge of Microsoft products
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work within a remote team environment.
- Confident and competent with ability to quickly make decisions
- Comfortable working across business lines with varying business objectives
- Accustomed to fast moving environment
- Possesses a ‘roll-up your sleeves’ mentality