This role oversees the loan processing activities to support our Small Business Administration (SBA) lending program, specifically loan processing, closing and post closing.
- Collaborates with SBA Relationship Managers in the compiling of all information required for closing a commercial loan and review closing package for completeness prior to obtaining borrower signatures
- Collects required client and project financials and other information
- Requests, orders and monitors all third party requests, due diligence searches, credit reports and perform other pertinent requirements for all loan requests and reviews to ensure timely delivery
- Manage tracking reports to gather client information pertinent to the clearing of a booking exception and collect financial information as required of borrowers/guarantors
- Submit financial and other credit file information to Central Filing to be imaged
- Support processing of line renewals and maturing loans, modifications, extensions, releases, and assignments.
- Prepare SBA authorizations for approved loans and assist in the closing process of all loans, including preparing closing checklists.
- Review recently closed SBA and other loan files for document accuracy; auditing existing SBA loan files for compliance with their respective loan program.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Perform job responsibilities to ensure the bank’s compliance with BSA/AML policies and procedures, which include detecting potentially suspicious activity and reporting such activity to the BSA Officer and may include gathering and entering data into systems for monitoring and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in in finance, accounting, economics, other business-related field required or commensurate work experience within the field
- Formal credit training certificate or continuing education through RMA or similar course study preferred
- Minimum of 3 years commercial credit analysis or risk underwriting experience with various types of complex commercial credit clients
- Proficient writing and oral presentation skills; ability to utilize Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience in the utilization of Commercial Lending software applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain flexible, adapt to a changing environment, shift priorities as needed
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly
- Strong analytical skills with problem resolution and decision making ability
- Commitment to maintain confidential information
- Proven initiative to be a self starter and proactive approach
- Ability to work under minimal supervision