Provides relationship management support to Small Business in monitoring and servicing an existing exceptions managed portfolio of loans. Continuously evaluates exceptions- based portfolio performance to maintain portfolio quality and risk rating accuracy. Interacts with customers as well as bank employees to address credit and deposit service-related matters in a satisfactory manner.
- Processes line renewals and maturing loans, modifications, extensions, releases, and assignments.
- Collects required client and project financials and other information including, as appropriate, preparation of timely appraisal requests, completes environmental transaction assessments and monitoring any other items as necessary.
- Assists with managing delinquency with the Special Assets Team. Monitors overdrafts of borrowers to carefully assign risk ratings.
- Works with large portfolio of SBA loans to ensure following of SBA Policy and Procedure.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Perform job responsibilities to ensure the bank’s compliance with BSA/AML policies and procedures, which include detecting potentially suspicious activity and reporting such activity to the BSA Officer and may include gathering and entering data into systems for monitoring and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in in finance, accounting, economics, other business-related field required or commensurate work experience within the field
- Formal credit training certificate or continuing education through RMA or similar course study preferred
- Minimum of 3 years commercial credit analysis or risk underwriting experience with various types of complex commercial credit clients
- Proficient writing and oral presentation skills; ability to utilize Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience in the utilization of Commercial Lending software applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain flexible, adapt to a changing environment, shift priorities as needed
- ·Ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly
- Strong analytical skills with problem resolution and decision making ability
- Commitment to maintain confidential information
- Proven initiative to be a self starter and proactive approach
- Ability to work under minimal supervision