The SBA Relationship Manager will be responsible for appropriate structure of lending opportunities, loan pricing in accordance with the Bank’s guidelines and fee/premium strategy, providing initial credit analysis for lending activities, and SBA/USDA form processing.
- Conducts active business development and origination of SBA loan products
- Assesses with customer the best options for the customer’s needs and initiates appropriate action. Analyzes the prospective client’s financial statements, counsel client on credit record or other concerns, and assists in determining initial qualification of loan program.
- Cultivate relationships in an effort to grow the SBA loan portfolio through focused business development and consultation activities with clients, business owners and other referral sources.
- Build collaborative relationships with our internal partners across Commercial Banking, Capital Markets, Wealth Management, Insurance and Community Banking, while delivering an exceptional customer experience designed to grow our SBA loan portfolio and other business lines through client introductions and referrals.
- Supports the Portfolio management function with oversight of SBA loans to ensure following of SBA Policy and Procedure.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Perform job responsibilities to ensure the bank’s compliance with BSA/AML policies and procedures, which include detecting potentially suspicious activity and reporting such activity to the BSA Officer and may include gathering and entering data into systems for monitoring and reporting.
- Client focused lending professional well versed in SBA lending programs & products
- Bachelor’s Degree in in finance, accounting, economics, other business-related field required or commensurate work experience within the field
- Formal credit training certificate or continuing education through RMA or similar course study preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years lending experience focused on building relationships
- Possesses commercial credit analysis or risk underwriting experience with various types of complex commercial credit clients with ability to effectively manage risk
- Proficient writing and oral presentation skills; ability to utilize Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience in the utilization of Commercial Lending software applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain flexible, adapt to a changing environment, shift priorities as needed
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly
- Strong analytical skills with problem resolution and decision making ability
- Commitment to maintain confidential information
- Proven initiative to be a self starter and proactive approach
- Ability to work under minimal supervision