The Senior Staff Accountant reports directly to the Assistant Controller and assumes the lead role in overseeing accounting operations of BMT Equipment Finance leasing transactions. This role interacts with all members of our leasing business and touches transactions at almost every step. The success of this division is dependent on service as well as a quick turnaround on lease loan decisioning and funding.
This position will be a remote work position primarily but will require visits to the office based on business needs. Candidates must reside within a commutable distance to Bryn Mawr, PA.
- Manage accounting functions for equipment finance leasing division of organization including cash receipts, checks, ACH files, receiving wires, invoicing, posting to and analysis of G/L, reconciliations & performing month end close
- Administer accounts payable process including reviewing invoices, obtaining appropriate approvals and processing payments
- Assist Controller with providing financial reporting, budget preparation, revenue reporting, and analysis
- Process all cash disbursements through QuickBooks
- Reviews all documentation for new leases to ensure for accuracy and prepare for final booking and entry into software system, Lease Plus.
- Performs reconciliation between systems Lease Plus and Prologue, the parent company’s G/L software
- Act as the first point of contact for all customer service requests surrounding accounts and collections
- Files UCC-1 to put liens on equipment to protect company’s interest in assets
- Manages the lien release process and send titles to customers once lease loan is satisfied
- Interact with the collections group to facilitate collections activity
- Assist with preparing audit and compliance requests
- Help maintain responsibilities for the accuracy and integrity of financial transactions by serving as a point of segregation of duties and the checks and balance process within the lease loan transaction
- Perform functions of role that meet the tight and time sensitive turn-around deadlines for loan decisions and funding
- BS degree in accounting or relevant and equivalent work experience
- General accounting experience (accounts payable/receivable); accounting experience in leasing, finance or real estate/title industries helpful
- 3-5 years minimum experience overseeing full-cycle accounting operations
- Detail oriented
- Customer Service focused
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Proficient Excel user including complex formulas
- Enjoy working in a laid-back environment with a team that holds itself accountable with high expectations