The Staff Auditor contributes to BMTC’s success by assisting in performing audits of the company’s governance, risk and control policies, processes and procedures to assess compliance and identify opportunities for improvement. In addition to reporting on the design and implementation of financial, operational and reporting controls, the Staff Auditor adds value by proposing recommendations for improvement based on best practices.
This position will primarily be a remote working role with ability to come into the office as needed (Berwyn, PA, Chestnut Hill, PA, Bryn Mawr, PA or Wayne, PA).
- Support audit leadership in completing audit projects as approved by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Assist in conducting risk-based audits which cover a variety of business risks across different areas of the Company
- Execute the assigned audits and test steps by documenting audit findings, suggesting the risk level to Audit Management and completing required procedures
- Analyze audit results and review potential findings with audit leadership
- Review and interpret data, processes, policies and procedures to assess their effectiveness and compliance with management expectations and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate, maintain and own audit processes that are assigned and ensure that the processes are completed timely, within budget and at or exceeds the required quality standards
- Continually advance personal professional development by seeking out relevant webinars and learning experiences to advance knowledge of relevant regulations, application of professional standards and job-related skills.
- Draft audit reports for review
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline required. Accounting, audit or finance majors preferred. Graduate degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 2-4 years of audit or corporate accounting experience acquired in a public accounting firm, internal audit department or bank finance function. Relevant retail banking or bank operations experience may be substituted in a 2:1 ratio.
- Ability to pass the CPA, CIA, CAMS, or CRCM examinations within the first year of eligibility is required. Having attained one of the above certifications is preferred.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Intermediate or higher level of competence in Microsoft applications including Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint required. Familiarity with Access, SQL, Business Analytics, data mining or other analytical tool is preferred.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with commitment to time and quality goals.