The Trust Tax Accountant II is responsible for the preparation of moderate investment management, trust and individual federal, state and local tax returns. Will research tax issues and collaborate with clients, wealth advisors, portfolio managers and other tax department staff to resolve tax issues and notices.
This position will primarily be a remote working role with ability to come into the office as needed.
- Applies federal, state and local tax laws to ensure all tax compliance and filing requirements are timely completed for assigned investment management, trust and individual accounts/clients.
- Maintains a current review of assigned account transactions for accurate tax code assignments and account coding
- Reviews new account opening documentation and sets the appropriate coding in the accounting and tax system
- Reviews closing account documentation to determine tax reserves needed for payment of federal, state, and local income taxes and tax service fees
- Responds to and resolves notices received by federal, state and local taxing authorities
- Stays current with tax law changes and application to assigned account assignment
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Supports the mission, strategy and values of BMT
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or in lieu of degree, relevant trust tax preparation experience
- 2-5 years of individual tax experience
- Ability to interpret and apply the IRS code to account transactions
- Excellent PC skills with the ability to operate in multiple processing systems; experience in OneSource Trust Tax and CCH Axcess preferred
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Credentialed, or seeking credentials, Tax professional, e.g. EA, CPA, or JD