The Wealth Director leads an advice driven cross functional group of Wealth professionals aligned to support new and existing clients. The Director is responsible for the overall performance of the team with ultimate accountability for Sales, Client Experience and People Development for the team.
Work Location – Princeton, NJ
- Provides key leadership to an integrated group of Wealth Professionals (Wealth Advisors, Portfolio Manager, Relationship Managers), which includes training, skill development, work allocation, problem resolution, performance evaluation and management and hiring recommendations
- Manages overall team account base consisting of large and complex relationships and assumes responsibility for overall client satisfaction by directing and coordinating the efforts of appropriate bank resources to ensure the timely delivery of proactive advice, quality service, issue resolution, and effective communication with clients and other wealth team members.
- Effectively manages knowledge and people in a highly matrixed environment where client satisfaction and employee development are paramount.
- Oversees the administration of client relationships ensuring that fiduciary standards, BMT Models and BMT’s policies are observed.
- Works with team to ensure that the BMT Wealth Relationship Process is utilized and implemented throughout every client interaction including execution of the relationship review process, pre-call planning, meeting execution and post call debriefs. Also provides coaching and feedback on the development of client pitch strategies and ensures team members are well prepared for client interactions for both new and existing business
- Actively works with team to develop and cultivate new business opportunities from existing client base, prospects and centers of influence
- Builds and maintains knowledge of wealth business standards and practices
- Supports Wealth Management by providing leadership for departmental projects and committees
- Represents BMT at outside/professional organizations
- Supports the mission, strategy and values of BMT
- Additional responsibilities as required
Essential Education, Experience, Qualifications and Certifications
- College degree and at least 10 years of experience in a Wealth specialty or generalist role focused on Wealth Advisory / Trust services, Portfolio Management, Financial Planning, Private Banking or Relationship Management
- High level of technical knowledge of fiduciary, tax and estate planning concepts and a solid understanding of financial markets
- At least 3 years of people management and development experience
- Proven sales strategy skills and experience
- Proven track record for building and maintaining a high performing team
- Prior experience working in a matrixed team environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to make decisions on complex matters quickly
- Multiple domain experience preferred but not required
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong client service skills and commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to handle and deliver difficult client and management messages with tact and firmness