Receive up to $5,000 for down payment and closing costs.
First Front Door (FFD) grants* are provided by FHLBank Pittsburgh and are available through a Bryn Mawr
Trust mortgage professional. For every $1 contributed, FFD will provide qualified first-time homebuyers
$3 in assistance, up to a maximum of $5,000. Talk to your Bryn Mawr Trust lender to understand how the
program will work with your home purchase.
FFD grants can be used toward closing costs and down payment assistance on eligible properties that are
intended as the primary residence of the homebuyer at the time of program enrollment. These properties
include single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, and modular units. Manufactured homes may be
eligible if they are permanently affixed to a site.
Who qualifies for First Front Door funding?
To qualify, you must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer — meaning you have not owned a home within the past three years, or owned a home only while married but not as a single person within the last three years. This includes a married couple if either has not owned a home in the past three years.
- Secure a first mortgage through a participating lender, such as Bryn Mawr Trust.
- Have an income at or below 80 percent of the area median household income and not have assets in excess of $15,000 (excluding retirement accounts).
- Not be a student working less than 30 hours per week.
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling prior to purchasing the home.
- Agree to maintain the home for five years in order to retain the full amount of the grant. If the home is sold prior to five years, some of the grant subsidy may need to be repaid.
- Not receive cash back at settlement for any reason.