Online Account Opening FAQ’s
There are several things you will need to provide during the account opening process. Please note, if the application is being processed as a joint application (an account with more than one owner) applicants must enter the information outlined below for both applicants.
- You’ll be asked to enter your U.S. Social Security number and enter information from one of the following forms of identification: Driver’s license, State ID, Military ID, or Passport.
- You must provide personal information, such as your name, date of birth, current and former mailing address(es), email address(es), employment status and answer questions about your banking activities.
- If you are not a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Resident Alien or do not have this information, we will be unable to process your online application with BMT; however, you are welcome to visit one of our branches for assistance.
- You will be asked a series of five (5) “Out-of-Wallet” questions, which are based on information from your credit and transaction history. These questions provide additional validation required to facilitate your online account application.
- You will also need a printer to print your account opening documents.
Yes, the online application is secure. Bryn Mawr Trust’s Online Account Opening platform utilizes encryption technology to ensure secure transmission of information as it passes across the internet. Encryption is the process of encoding information in such a way that only authorized parties can access and read it. This secure communication protocol, referred to as Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Socket Layer (SSL), provides security while your information is passed to Bryn Mawr Trust and requires the use of a web browser which supports such security.
All online account opening applications are processed subject to our ability to verify all accountholders’ identities. This is for our accountholders’ protection and to meet government regulatory requirements.
Minimums vary by account type, please refer to our account selection page for product minimums.
Presently, Online Accounts may only be opened with a check. The check will be deposited to the account upon receipt. You have the option to bring your check in person to any BMT Branch office or mail your check to:
Bryn Mawr Trust
Attn: Telephone Banking
801 Lancaster Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
You have the option to edit your account information prior to the final submission of the information to Bryn Mawr Trust. Simply click on the “Edit” button above the grouping information and you will be permitted to change your input. DO NOT USE THE BACK ARROW OF YOUR BROWSER, AS YOU WILL LOSE INFORMATION PREVIOUSLY ENTERED.
No, the online account opening application process requires you to complete the online application at one time. It will not allow you to save it and comeback later.
The time it takes individuals to complete online account enrollment varies based on several factors including: having all your information; single or joint account ownership; your comfort level and speed by which the required information is entered; and the printing of required documents. The average person takes 30 minutes; some individuals, however, have reported as quickly as 5 minutes.
You may call our Customer Care Center at 610-525-1700. Our hours of operation are below:
Monday – Friday: 7:30 am – 6:00 pm EST
Saturday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm EST