It is no surprise that the cost of weddings has been on the rise in recent years. The expense of hosting a wedding has become so high that some brides and grooms are starting their lives together deep in debt, increasing the odds that their finances will continue to suffer for years to come.
The good news is that you do not have to start your married life in debt to enjoy an unforgettable wedding. With some smart economizing and a bit of financial savvy, you can cut the cost of your wedding and have plenty of money left over for a great honeymoon.
Saving money on your wedding means looking at every category of expenditure and looking for smart ways to cut back. Here are some tips you can use to save money on your wedding flowers without compromising the beauty of the ceremony.
- Choose in season flowers for your wedding. Simply selecting flowers based on what is currently in season could save you hundreds of dollars. Do your homework, choose your favorite in season flowers and start saving.
- Include more greens in your floral displays. Whether you are selecting the centerpiece for the head table or decorating the reception hall, incorporating more greens into the display can save you a lot of money.
- Choose floral colors that contrast well with the surrounding greens. Adding more greens is a great way to save money, and you can make the display more attractive by choosing blossoms that contrast well with their surroundings.
- Shop around. Simply shopping around could save you a ton of money. You do not need to hire a dedicated wedding florist to have a beautiful display – a general purpose florist can do just as well and save you a lot of money in the process.
- Use silk flowers for your centerpieces and table dressings. Quality silk flowers look just like the real thing and cost far less, so incorporate them into your table décor. You can even give those silk table pieces to your guests as a memento of your special day.
- Go small. A small but beautifully designed bouquet of flowers can be just as stunning as a huge spray of flowers. Focus on the beauty of the finished product, not the number of blossoms in your shopping cart.
- Make your own bouquets and centerpieces. Creating floral displays, bouquets and centerpieces is not rocket science, and taking a DIY approach can save you a lot of money. Just gather your friends, pick up some fresh blooms at the local wholesale market and let your creativity shine through.
You do not have to spend a fortune to have the perfect wedding. All you need are some smart shopping tips, a bit of time and your own creativity. When you pull it all together, you can have plenty of extra money in your pocket, so you can get your married life off to a strong financial start.